[Novalug] [OT] FiOS

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Tue May 22 09:25:06 EDT 2007

I think the 5GB limit is for cell phone service.  You will get much more with FIOS.

Reliability with FIOS has been excellent - we have had it for a couple of years now and I don't remember any service interruptions.  It even has a battery backup so if the power goes out you will still have service (assuming your router is on a UPS)...

I doubt they would allow you run a server of any kind on a residential connection, though they do offer business service.

Igor

Dan Arico <dan_arico@aricosystems.com> wrote: On Tue May 22 2007 8:01 am, gregory pryzby wrote:
> Ah... after some tweaking and 'fixing' my network I am getting some
> nice speeds...
>
> 5107 kbps down
> 1834 kpbs up

What about limitations on volume? I've heard about Verizon's imposing a 5
GB per month ceiling. With that kind of speed, you could hit the limit
darned quick.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.