[Novalug] Bluetooth Serial and Console Experience?

Brandon Saxe brandon20va@yahoo.com
Sat May 19 15:29:08 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have several headless boxes that I manage using ssh.
Sometimes, I cannot ssh into the boxes, so I have to
hook up a monitor and keyboard and all that jazz to
see what's going on.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use a
Bluetooth serial module (something like this
http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GBS301)
on these boxes and connect to CONSOLES using a
bluetooth adapter on my main host?

FWIW, the Bluetooth adapter in my Notebook (winxp)
displays 11 serial ports (COMx) in device manager. I
think it would be neat to be able to open up the
consoles of several boxes at once over a wireless
connection.

Does anybody have any experience with serial bluetooth
and linux? Furthermore, any experience using it with a
serial console?

Thanks!
  Brandon