[Novalug] Microsoft demands royalties for open-source software

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon May 14 20:27:12 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:13:56PM -0400, Herminio Hernandez wrote:
> I am not against intellectual property rights, if someone invented
> somthing they should have the right if they wish to profit off it. i
> realize there is a debate as to where software fits into all this. i
> will be to anyone thoughts on the matter.

I am against them. Like a mathematical equation, there is a way to
solve a problem, and just because I have the money to file a patent
with a system that doesn't bother to look and see if there is prior
art, doesn't mean I should have rights. Nevermind that information
should be free. If I add value, that is worth something.

Patenting a progress bar? Come on.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F