[Novalug] network traffic monitoring?

Russell Evans russell-evans@qwest.net
Tue May 8 11:21:04 EDT 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007 07:13:27 -0700 (PDT)
"Brandon Saxe" <brandon20va@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have a T1 at the office I administer and was
> wondering what kind of tools you could recommend to
> monitor the bandwidth usage?

As you haven't said the type of equipment you are using for the TI,
what monitoring protocols are supported by the equipment, or what your
goal is (are you looking for active monitoring, just trending, first
step in a complete NMS, skill levels, hardware available, ...) it is
a little hard to recommend something.

Without a little scope, you could do just as well by looking at
monitoring tools on freshmeat.net as listen to whatever responses
you will receive from this post.

Thank you
Russell