[Novalug] Return the laptop to Ubuntu Edgie - return of wireless connection

Nicholas Brenckle nbrenckle@gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:26:41 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Bonnie Dalzell <bdalzell@qis.net> wrote:

> So my question is - why was feisty unable to do the wireless since it is
> supposed to be better at that?
>
> I suppose I need to try the upgrade the "official" way rather than
> respondign to the helpful button in the synaptic package manager.

Im on fiesty now, via wireless. Now using the built in Intel wireless but
for the hell of it I plugged in two different USB keys and both showed up
and worked without a problem.

So, while I dont doubt your problems, and in fact I am dealing with someone
over the phone/email now having a similar set of wireless woes, I would be
careful to blame Ubuntu/Fiesty as the culprit any more then I would blame
the hardware. Not that either couldn't be the cause, but I'd be sure before
I said it :-)  Can you boot the live CD and get wireless to work?

Also, I used a tool ... update-manager? something like that, when I upgraded
from edgy to fiesty. What is the problem with the button on synaptic?

Nick