[Novalug] reverse linux question -- GRUB or LILO installed?

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sat May 5 21:49:47 EDT 2007

Not me. Every disk I used is a triskadeca-boot system. Linux gives you
15 partitions, minus one extended and one for swap leaves you with 13
bootable partitions. Hmmm, maybe only 12, as a FAT32 partition is needed
as a data shuttle (hmmm, maybe not...a USB Flash drive will do) between
them.

There are hundreds of Linux, BSD, Solaris, and even Windows. Try them all!

JIM

P.S. But you are correct. Most of the time we do run the same OS. Still,
variety is the spice of life, and at least I stand the chance of
switching every so often. And the more you design your system so that
you CAN switch, the easier it becomes.

P.P.S. I also have two disks in all my systems.