[Novalug] GFS?

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Wed May 2 16:13:00 EDT 2007

I think I misunderstood the purpose of GFS :-) What Im looking for is to
have two geographically separated NAS units. NAS units are cheap in single
form, 3 terrabytes for less then 10grand.  The question is, how can I mirror
the two file systems for failover? I know how to do it at the
application/network level, just not at the data/FS level.  I kept thinking
GFS but that seems more like making lots of disks appear as one, not for
mirroring. Unless Im reading it wrong.

So, pointers? Links? Case studies? I'll summarize what I find and send it
back out to the list.

Thanks All,

Nick