[Novalug] PCMCIA WiFi Card Recommendation Needed...

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Thu Mar 29 06:20:53 EDT 2007

Kurt,

    One more thing, though you might already know it.  What really
matters is the chipset used in a card, rather than the card itself.
Drivers and stuff address the chipset instructions.  If a card
manufacturer changes the chipset used in a card, then the software
used to talk with the card usually becomes invalid.  This has been
a major linux/wifi problem for many years now.  Unfortunately, one
usually can't tell what chipset is being used from the package that
the device is sold in.  Odds are that this won't really be a
problem, but it can happen.

Ed James