[Novalug] Oh Crap -- DSL ISP s generally

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Wed Mar 28 19:53:08 EDT 2007

William,

    Several different servers, but I'll try some more tomorrow,
as wide-spread as I can find.  The Westell 6100 DSL modem sez
I'm at 860/156 Kbits/sec.  An on-line speedtest sez I'm getting
664/83 Kbits/sec.  The plan I signed up for stipulates 768 Kb,
but I'm not sure what the up speed is supposed to be - never
really been an issue.

    If nobody else seems to be choked back, I'm willing to try
some experimentation, like disconnecting everything else on
my system.  I've got one NIC hooked to the DSL modem, and another
NIC hooked to a hub, which in turn ties to a WAP and some other
boxen.  Shouldn't matter, but reality is a strange beast.

Ed James