[Novalug] How to get Linux to recognize Lexar multi-card reader

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Wed Mar 28 16:55:38 EDT 2007

Yup. You need to be very aware of the hardware before the build or you can
use the genkernel toolkit for building a kernel for you.  2 options.

FWIW: I generally boot with a live linux distro like Knoppix or the Gentoo
installer CD and "audit" the hardware.  Then I can tune the compiler and
kernel to the specific hardware during install.  When I added my
multi-reader, I had to go back and redo the kernel.  It's fairly a quick
compile on an AMD X2 4400.

Ken