[Novalug] migrate email from one hosted provider to another? fetchmail?

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Thu Mar 22 13:42:42 EDT 2007

On Thu, March 22, 2007 10:02, Brandon Saxe wrote:
>> I do not want to update the MX records for my domain until all users are
>> using the new service. I don't have the resources to cut-over all at once
>> (just me, plus a lot of remote folks). This poses a problem for me,
>> however, because users' current mail is going to the old service. The old
>> service does not allow me to forward mail to outside the exchange address
>> book and I need to do this PER USER. I *could* set up IMAP for them and
>> they could use two accounts or set up mailbox rules, but I want this to be
>> as seamless as possible.

Does the new service allow you to forward mail? If so, then create all
the new users on the new, and forward the email; cut the MX.  Then as
part of the 'reconfigure the user' point them at the new server and
remove the foward.

-Nick