[Novalug] backup solution

Miguel Gonzalez miguel_3_gonzalez@yahoo.es
Fri Mar 16 14:57:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

  I am doing some research for using a LAN backup server. I am considering right now backup-pc, bacula and Amanda. Backup-PC lacks of the possibility of backing up Exchange when is running so this is something that i don't want.

  Requirements: We have a small office, about 50 clients (laptops and desktops) running Mac OS and Windows XP and Vista. We have several servers in Linux and Windows 2003 Servers and an Exchange Server. Most of these (or all) will probably be virtualized using Virtual PC.

  As We are a Web development firm, We would need just to keep backups of last week developments of some files and backups of the servers.

  Any nice tool to consider or combination of tools?

  Thanks,

  Miguel