[Novalug] Need friend with VCR

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Fri Mar 16 13:17:28 EDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Nino Pereira wrote:

> Beartooth,
>
> you don't say anything about the format this videotape is in.
> Are you sure it's a 'normal' tape?

 	No, I'm not. However, there's a post on a VTLUUG forum
today, which I've just replied to, from someone here who has A
VCR and a mythtv box (whatever that is); he thinks he can make an
mpeg of it. We'l see.

> In this case you should be able to see it through your
> television, the way you normally watch videotapes, and then you
> can without any doubt convert it to some digital format (but, I
> don't know how: maybe someone else at NoVALUG knows).
>
> I ask this because some time ago I got nice pictures of my
> innards directly on a CD. But, they were in some medical
> format, not one of the usual computer formats. So, in addition
> to the pictures I needed the software to read them. If your
> videotape were to have some special format you should first ask
> for the corresponding software, only then worry about
> transferring them to CD.

 	Ouch! I don't even know where to ask.

--
Beartooth Bookworm, Cantankerous Curmudgeon
I have never owned a television. Nor wanted to.