[Novalug] HDTV for 59$ (linux supported)

Miguel Gonzalez miguel_3_gonzalez@yahoo.es
Thu Mar 15 22:55:35 EDT 2007

I have several questions:

- Is there HDTV coverage in Baltimore? I read somewhere that the US is not going to start with HDTV until 2009. I am tired of the comcast channels.

- The analogic part could be connected to a normal TV so I could watch on my normal TV what I see in the laptop? I would like to be able to watch movies as well.

- Anyone knows any compusa in Baltimore or other place where I could get this nice toy? :)

Many thanks

Miguel

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Maxwell Spangler <maxpublic07@maxwellspangler.com>
Para: gregory pryzby <greg@pryzby.org>
CC: Northern Virginia Linux User's Group <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Enviado: jueves, 15 de marzo, 2007 20:09:45
Asunto: Re: [Novalug] HDTV for 59$ (linux supported)

When I moved to NC about a year ago, I moved into a 3rd floor apartment with a
used 27" Samsung HDTV Television.  I found that this inexpensive little
antenna works really well.  "Excellent" considering the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-PHDTV3-Indoor-Powered-Antenna/dp/B000B58VNM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8728078-1728603?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1174003481&sr=8-1

If you're about to get into HDTV, try one of these before you go after larger
antennas.  While they're surely going to have benefits, this is $25 or so and
the others are $60 and up.

This is directional, but I was able to find just the right setting where all
channels were received really well..

Thanks for sharing info about this portable device, greg.. this could
theoreticaly add cheap, high quality, PORTABLE hdtv so I can watch tv in an
airport on layover for 3 hours.. that's not bad at all!

--
Maxwell Spangler

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com