[Novalug] OpenSUSE

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Mon Mar 12 10:39:29 EDT 2007

I wound up with a free week-end so I decided to take the plunge. I
downloaded the DVD image and converted one of my 64 bit machines to
OpenSUSE 10.2.

I am happy to report that everything works. There was a small amount of
confusion in setting up repositories, but once I figured out what was
confusing me, it went smoothly and I have everything set up.

I particularly like the updating/software installation process. It goes
smoothly and without a hitch. Dependencies get resolved much more easily
than anything in the past.

My complements to the people responsible.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.