[Novalug] OpenSUSE 10.2

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sat Mar 10 09:38:31 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 09:36:33AM -0500, Ken Kauffman wrote:
> gregory pryzby wrote:
> >On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 03:48:16PM -0500, Bernie Hoefer wrote:
> >
> ><SNIP>
> >
> >>     Yum is (fairly) quick, can be done from the command line, and can
> >>both install or update packages.  Wish I knew why OpenSuSE promotes rug
> >>& zmd over yum.
> >
> >Ties to ZENworks Suite and from the Red Carpet days.
> >
> >Is there a good resource on HOW TO BUILD or add packages to YUM?
> >

> I always thought that YUM was a management system to install RPMs?
> True? Not true?

My unstanding is you have a respository that stores RPMs, called YUM.
You have a client that connects to the repository to get the packages
you need.

The repository needs to be built, added to, etc.

I need to search google, but didn't know if someone had done this and
could same me some scouring time looking for a GOOD resource

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F