[Novalug] [Fwd: DST change will affect system operations]

Jim Swanson swanson.james@gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:40:22 EST 2007

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Red Hat <RedHat@en25.com>
To: jswanson@lgb-inc.com
Subject: DST change will affect system operations
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:04:25 -0500

Red Hat
Dear Red Hat Customer:

We want to inform you of Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes that may
affect your Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems.

Legislation has been introduced globally that changes existing DST
practices. These changes mean that the time and date of your Red Hat
Enterprise Linux systems that are based in these countries, or host
applications that interact in these countries, may not automatically
adjust properly. This can lead to unexpected results when accuracy of
the system time is essential.

We recognize this is an important issue for our subscribers. We've made
available comprehensive instructions to adjust your systems for the
correct DST practice. All active Red Hat Enterprise Linux releases are
addressed.

The United States, in accordance with the United States Energy Policy
Act of 2005 will extend DST by two months. Starting in 2007, clocks are
set forward one hour on the second Sunday in March (March 11) and are
set back one hour the first Sunday in November (Nov. 4). Manitoba, New
Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec,
Saskatchewan, and the Bahamas are also following this convention.

Parts of Australia have already made changes. DST ended one week later
on April 2 instead of March 25, 2006. The state of Western Australia
started a three year trial of DST on Dec. 3, 2006 that ends March 24,
2007.

If you require further assistance regarding this issue, please contact
Red Hat Support or Red Hat Customer Service.

Thank You,
Red Hat Global Support Services

This email is intended for people who have opted-in to receiving
information from Red Hat. If you think that you have received this email
in error, please accept our apologies. Simply unsubscribe and we'll make
sure you do not receive this kind of email from Red Hat again.

Red Hat, 1801 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA

© 2007 Red Hat Inc. All rights reserved. "Red Hat" and the Red Hat
"Shadowman" logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat,
Inc. in the US and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of
Linus Torvalds.