[Novalug] Re: [Ma-linux] Need: FUJITSU MPA3043AT 4.37GB 3.5 LP IDE Drive

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 10:30:45 EST 2007

Have you tried putting the drive in an external enclosure and plugging it in after the computer has booted?

There are a bunch of these drives on eBay.

Igor

Jay Hart <jhart@kevla.org> wrote: Hi,

One of my neighbors has the above drive, and I believe the controller is bad. He has some data he
would like to remove from the drive.

I have not been able to get a PC (any PC) to boot with this drive plugged into the IDE bus. What
does "have not been able to get a PC to boot" mean?

It means that the PC will not complete POST and BIOS loading, so therefore can't get to any type
of command line app or util to run a diag test on the drive.

My plan is to replace the controller with an exact model controller to see if this will allow me
to boot a PC and then copy the data off.

So, does anyone have one of these exact model drives that I could purchase from you?
A picture of the controller would be most appreciated.

MPD3043AT drives will not work for this scenario.

TIA,

Jay Hart