[Novalug] What makes you think you are in the 21st Century?

Garrett Nievin gnievin@comcast.net
Sat Mar 3 11:05:18 EST 2007

In the mid-80s I played with something called "PC-Unix" (which was later
renamed to PCNX or something to avoid trademark issues) on my XT from a
company called Wendin, who also had a "PC-VMS".  I still have the books
(3-ring binder, natch) and install floppies around here somewhere I
imagine.

It was a slloooowww multitasking shell over DOS, not useful in any
meaningful sense.  I seem to recall using it to dial in to a BBS and play
Tradewars, and generating maps from my session transcripts using awk...

Cheers,
Garrett