[Novalug] AVI to DVD

Angelo Bertolli angelo@freeshell.org
Thu Jun 28 17:55:27 EDT 2007

nick@hackermonkey.com wrote:
> I have a bunch of AVIs that I want to burn to a DVD. I found some instructions
> online on how to do a single file to a single DVD but these are multiple files
> (22 episodes?) and I should be able to fit 5 or so on each disk (1/2 gig each)
> with some kind of menu.

I think if you burn them just as files you can fit more onto a DVD, plus
you won't gain any quality converting them from AVI to DVD.  So... if
the whole reason you want to do this is to be able to play them in a DVD
player, consider getting a player that does AVI, MPEG, etc. also.  I
found one a year or so ago for around only $50.  If you keep your eyes
open, you can find good deals.

Angelo