[Novalug] ubuntu feisty freezing!

Angelo Bertolli angelo@freeshell.org
Tue Jun 26 14:17:35 EDT 2007

Mike H wrote:
> John,
>
> Funny thing is, I was using the ATI proprietary driver in ubuntu edgy
> with no problem.  Also, I am not using the broadcom device.  Rather, I
> am using a netgear (atheros chipset) wireless card.
>
> The serial debugger option sounds interesting.  Could you suggest web
> links where I could, as a newb, start reading about it?
>
> This issue has a mind of its own and seems random.  I cannot link it
> to a particular application.

I might be having a similar problem on my laptop.  I can send the lspci
if you think it would be helpful.  Basically what happens for me is when
I'm using wireless (never happens on ethernet) it freezes if I try to
transfer any files over the network.  As long as I'm just browsing,
getting email, etc. I'm fine.  I use scp and rsync to transfer files, so
I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I never figured it out
either.

If you want a list of my hardware, I can post it after I go home today.

Angelo