[Novalug] print server boilerplate??

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Sun Jun 17 16:26:33 EDT 2007

 	Speaking of old pentium 2 machines ...

 	The last couple of times I've tried to set up a print
server -- and somebody has tried to walk me through it -- I've
eventually gotten in over my eyeballs, and still don't have one.

 	What's worse, printing when I do want to do it is the one
thing that just seems to keep getting harder -- even though I
make a point of buying HP, for linux compatibility.

 	Is there a tutorial somewhere, explicit enough for the
likes of me, that tells how to convert something like this old P2
with Xubuntu into a print server for three to six machines, two
of which (alas!) are on occasion booted to XP?

 	I'm hoping I may have learned enough since my last
attempt to be able to follow such a thing ... <sigh>

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User, with precious