[Novalug] Singing the Domain Space Blues

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sat Jun 9 18:13:39 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 10:59:50AM -0400, Dan Arico wrote:
> Well, here I sit caught in limbo between two beaurocracies blissfully
> ignoring each other. Long ago, when I first registered aricosystems.com,
> I made the mistake of letting Speakeasy do it for me. That resulted in
> Speakeasy having the administrative authority to update it.
>
> That wasn't a problem until Best Buy bought Speakeasy. Anybody ever try
> to pry a rebate out of Best Buy? That's the kind of runaround I'm

Never had a problem.

> getting now. What makes it worse is my registration expires on Monday.
>
> Network Associates show that Speakeasy still has a Don't Move flag set
> and Speakeasy claims they unset it. Meanwhile I can't get control of my
> own domain.

Get speakeasy on the phone. Ask them to access the account at the same
time you are and watch them unset it. Ask for a number to call back
if when you try to register it fails.

Or xfer to someone and have them xfer it back to you at a different
registar.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F