[Novalug] repeating key problem, usb flashdrive related

Matt Bidwell bidwell@dead-city.org
Fri Jun 8 14:41:41 EDT 2007

Ed James wrote:
> All,
>
>    Got an old Pentium II with RedHat 9 on it.  Has a USB keyboard, works
> fine.  Insert a USB flashdrive into the next USB port and the keyboard
> borks: hit one key and that key repeats itself until the flashdrive is
> yanked out of the USB port.  Flashdrive works fine on my other computers.
> Any clues, advice, rays of hope?
>
> Ed James

What particular kernel are you running?
If you are running 2.4, that might be the problem, the
2.4 kernel's handling of USB is not as refined as 2.6.
However I'm not a Redhat expert so I don't know if
there's a way to get to 2.6 on RH 9.

Matt