[Novalug] Hardware problem

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Tue Jun 5 19:59:11 EDT 2007

Update to original post:

I plugged in a mouse, KB, and monitor, hooked up the power cord to the power
supply, machine powered on, (as evidenced by fans turning, and cdrom working
at least enough to open the tray) and nothing else happened. the monitor would
not turn on as detecting a video source, and no beeps or anything else
detected.

It could be that the HDD is dead (a seperate issue), but that doesn't make
sense. I'm assuming that the drive is configured to start spinning on a
command issued during POST. I can confirm this by puttting the drive in a
known good spare PC, and turning it on.

At to your conclusion below, I also feel that at least the MB has a problem,
if not the CPU.  The last time this PC was used was on May 18th of this year.
my friend was on vaction until yesterday, so they don't know if the PC got
popped with electricity, or something. No visible evidence to suggest this.

Jay