[Novalug] [OT] Not so silly question

David Lerner lerner-dave@zai.com
Sat Jun 2 15:45:06 EDT 2007

Rich,

Battery chargers should be matched to the batteries being charged.
Chargers differ in the waveform used for charging and in behavior as
full charge is approached. You risk damage to your new device by
overcharging the battery.

You can buy a charger designed for the Palm TX at:
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/trchfortut5.html

Notice the following from the specifications:
# Input : AC 100V-250V, 50-60Hz.
# Output : DC 5.5V, Max. 1000mA, Min. 150mA
# IC chip inside prevents overcharging and short circuit.
# PDA can still be used during charging.
# Small, lightweight.
# LED charging indicator.

Note that the voltage is precisely specified and that there is an IC to
protect the Palm. The price is currently $8.

Dave