[Novalug] Filesystem encryption thoughts

Mike H dawd13r@gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 11:22:34 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I wanted to know ppl's experiences with filesystem encryption on linux: good
and bad.  I am looking into encrypting my swap partition and my home
partition, but not my root partition on my brand new laptop.  However, I am
concerned about increased data transfer latency.  Will my multimedia files
i.e. movies and music be laggy when played back from an encrypted partition?

I am thinking of using
dm-crypt and wanted to know how it compares to other encryption tools
like truecrypt
and loopback aes.

Thank you in advance,

Mike