[Novalug] Re: maybe word perfect will run with crossover and then no need for XP

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Mon Jul 23 20:25:10 EDT 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:

WD >Bonnie Dalzell
WD >> nOn Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:
WD >
WD >> WD >Right now, I'm typing this to you guys on a MacBook Pro, it
WD >> WD >works.  This isn't a religion for me, I really wanted to use
WD >> WD >Linux, I have Fedora Core 4 on a ThinkPad but am planning on
WD >> WD >giving that to girlfriend (she will want to install Windows XP,
WD >> WD >yeeech, she refuses to use anything other than Word Perfect).
WD >> WD >
WD >
WD >> From my recent experiments with crossover linux i suspect that
WD >> word perfect would work with crossover . crossover is a lot
WD >> cheaper than purchasing a legal copy of XP. if she already has
WD >> word perfect then you could try the demo of crossover under linux
WD >
WD >That's worth a try.  I wonder if I need to get a more recent
WD >copy of Linux (FC4 is pretty old)?
WD >

my success has been with Ubuntu Edgy and the latest crossover. Last year
when i tried crossover I had little luck but the application and its
installation has been improved greatly so it does well with deb
flavors of linux.

WD >--
WD >Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
WD >Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly
WD >Crime, Sex, Alcohol, Drugs... God, I love Congress.
WD >
WD >

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com