[Novalug] virtualization question

Lee Burton lburton@mrow.org
Fri Jul 13 09:23:01 EDT 2007

So, I don't know much about the source dedicated server, but sbs2k3 +
2x hlds would be fine. (I recommend about 15-20mb ram per slot to be
comfortable). I'd give the linux server a gig, and the windows server 2
gigs and call it a day.  The main consideration your going to have if
your hosting essentially a 20 slot internet server will be bandwidth...
Depending on file i/o things might not be super speedy.. but it should
work fairly well.  How do the CPU schedulers work in Zen/VMware?