[Novalug] OT: 2TB Storage (mentioned at meeting)

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sun Jul 8 15:34:32 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 03:23:14PM -0400, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> Yes, but Look What Is Glaringly Absent: NFS
>
> Do y'all REALLY want SMB NAS?

You are correct. Although NFS blows, but that is a different story
(security). I want something for Mac/Linux where I can keep files.
Streaming and ftp would probably work, which it does. And since it is
Linux on the box, I am sure I can hack and void the warranty.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F