[Novalug] E-mail Backup

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sun Jul 8 13:00:36 EDT 2007

Well, that's another argument against using proprietary mail systems,
but I won't belabor the point.

But, if each user's mail is kept in it's own database, then there is
still hope for restoring someone's mailbox at a given state in time.
True, merging is a problem, but perhaps the restore can be done on a
separate system.

And if you want to archive the email, you could have Linux/UNIX based
mail gateways even if you use Exchange as a mail store.

I have little sympathy for people that choose software that is
inflexible. Lie in the bed you made.

JIM