[Novalug] HP Printer Cartridge question

Richard Mancusi vrman49@gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:24:23 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Charles M Howe <cmhowe@patriot.net> wrote:
> List,
>
> I use HP 92 (and 93) cartridges in my HP C3180 printer. Enclosed in the
> small carton is an envelope into which I am invited to stuff one or two
> empties. I don't get any inducement for doing so other than the inner
> reward that I am being a good environmental citizen. I guess.
>
> Isn't this somewhat ridiculous? Or can they pop a cartridge open and
> refill it? Or should I buy a kit and refill it myself?
>
> Charlie

I have many HP LaserJets, 5500dtn, 4600, etc.  The toner cost for the
5500's alone is significant.  So, I registered for PurchasEdge here:

http://www.hp.com/sbso/partner/purchasedge/signin

Basically it works like this ...
HP sends you a very large box, you fill it with your old toner and send
it in to receive credit.  This credit can be used to get free stuff.  I got
a couple of printers and even an external DAT-72 drive.

If you dig around on the site you will find a pdf for qualified point gathering
supplies and another pdf for the free stuff.  I have recent pdf's if anyone
wants them.  If you go through a lot of supplies it's worth it.

-rich