[Novalug] next novalug meeting; this saturday 4/7 ?

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Wed Jul 4 17:47:43 EDT 2007

i have some goodies that are looking for a good home.  i'm moving
and i can't take it all with me.  i'll bring quite a bit of stuff
or you can come and get what you want.  it will include:

a couple of complete working intel systems which will generally
have scsi, a few Gig of disks, and will be pentium's in the 200MHz
range--perfectly adequate for simple web pages, disk storage, email
servers, etc.

i have some systems that were working, but stopped working (probably
power supply) sometime during storage.  again, disk drives, scsi
stuff, cases, mother board, cpu, etc., probably all good (didn't
test b/c of power supply).

i'll also have some nifty tape drives: a Qik tape and some blank
tapes and a DAT 4GB drive.

I have three EIDE disk drives, one still in a sealed package ranging
from 200GB to 400GB.

i have two DSL modems.  one is ADSL, one is SDSL.  one of them
doesn't work (it works "strangely" probably due to lightning).  i'm
embarrassed to say that i don't remember which is which.  take them
both to be sure.,

i got some other toys including PCI cards, a couple of ISA cards,
some high power (at one time) graphics cards, some scanners, cables,
connectors, probably some other stuff.

i have some broken stuff, mainly disk drives which could be fun to
take apart.

most will be free.  i'm also looking to sell some stuff.  what comes
to mind...

i have a dec alpha which was my fastest machine at one point.  i
had linux on it, of course, but i'll probably scratch the O/S before
sale.

i have a complete working amiga-3000 system.

eventually, i will be ditching my phones, fax/phone/copier, lights,
anything electric in my house.

--
Mark Smith
mark@winksmith.com