[Novalug] how to supply power to 12 workstations

Nino Pereira pereira@speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 24 18:33:46 EST 2007

Most computers take less, sometimes much less, than 400 W: at 110 V,
this demands just under 4 A. You have 2 sockets, so if you put
6 computers on each socket you may need at most 24 A per socket,
but probably less, much less.

Try if the fuse blows with 6 computers on one socket. Get a 6-plug
power strip, or 2 power strips with (more than) 3 plugs each.
Plug 6 computers in (assuming you can reach
the power strip (s) with the computers' cords, otherwise you may
run into the extension cord problem already mentioned).

Chances are this goes well. Then, do the same on the other
socket. If this works, as I think it should, use both
sockets at the same time. If the fuse doesn't blow you are a
hero. Otherwise, you know that both sockets are on one fuse,
and you have to improve the wiring in the office.

Nino