[Novalug] Two HDs partitioned, partially installed XP, Fedora Disk 1 gives DIsk Error 20 message

James (Jim) Darlack jmdarlack@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 18:57:43 EST 2007

All

  I managed to get my PC to recognise the two hard disks.  then patitioned them with MS Server 2003.  Then installed XP... or partially.  Cant find my windows key numbers.... I was told to install XP first, then linux.

  Now, Im attempting to find load linux on a partition.  XP was partially installed.  WHen rebooted, XP realises it was a partial install, and prompts to put in the XP instalation disk.

  I downloaded Fedora 6 i386.  When I try to boot it, I get an error:
  Disk error 20 AX = 4241, drive EF.

  I get that error message both before or after I partitioned with Windows Server 2003.

  Sooooo... is that error message a bad ISO image CD I created?

  Im having goofy problems on two systems with ImgBoot. Im wondering if my external USB 40 gig hard disk, that contiains the Fedora ISO images, is defective.  Its weird if ImgBurn works oddly on two separate systems.

  Im almost there; dual boot XP and linux, two hard disks, etc.

  MANY thanks for the great advice from this LUG.

  Any advice, is humbly and greatfully appreciated.

  Jim