[Novalug] Replacement for abiword??

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Mon Jan 22 11:10:28 EST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, donjr wrote:

> If you install the lib "libXawM.so.1" by installing the RPM
> XawM your dependency problem should go away. One place you may
> be able get the RPM is at:
> <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50078>

 	Very odd: I found four there, for which many thanks; but
Opera 9.10 downloaded all of them as .html files! I tried again
with Epiphany -- and got nothing new.

> Side Note: "rpm" doesn't look in the file system for a FILE or
> whatever to solve any dependency needs, but instead queries
> it's local internal DATABASE and this database only gets
> updated to reflect that something is installed when it's
> installed by the "rpm" method.

 	Does rpm --rebuilddb fix that? I keep forgetting to run
it occasionally, but I was told to when I started running linux.
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User