[Novalug] zaurus help if any Z users here

Brandon Saxe brandon20va@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 12:32:07 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm using a Zaurus 3100 with a Socket Bluetooth Card. I'm connecting to my Ericsson w810i using qtopia bluetooth applet to dial-up to the internet. Everything works fine. My issue is this:

Everytime the Z dials the phone, the phone asks for the Z's PIN. I always enter the pin and always get a connection. How come the phone always asks for the PIN? I thought after initial pairing, it shouldn't happen again. I don't want to have to take my phone out of my pocket to enter the PIN.

I have told the phone to "Always Allow" the Z, but it always asks for the PIN.

Does anybody else have this issue with their phones?

BTW, my Palm Tungsten E2 can dial-up w/o password after the first pairing occurred, so I assume this problem is in the way the Z negotiates BT connection with phone and not a problem with the phone.

TIA