[Novalug] Clamd problems

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Sun Jan 14 18:49:27 EST 2007

Ok, for the most part got all my HW issues resolved.

However, can't get clamd to load on startup. I uninstalled the app so I could
get a fresh install, then modify files, in case I had some corruption going.

So, with fresh install, add startup link to rc5.d for startup and shutdown
/etc/init.d/rc5.d>ln -s ../clamd S13clamd
/etc/init.d/rc5.d>ln -s ../clamd K09clamd

and for freshclam

/etc/init.d/rc5.d>ln -s ../freshclam S13freshclam
/etc/init.d/rc5.d>ln -s ../freshclam K09freshclam

Modify both freshclam.conf and clamd.conf to verbose log to /var/log/clamd.log
Set all exec permissions for these apps

Then reboot box

and

They don't start.  And nothing logged in the log file either.

Any ideas???

Jay Hart