[Novalug] OT: Broken phone line ?

Mike Shade mshade@mshade.org
Thu Jan 11 20:46:08 EST 2007

I'm by no means a phone weenie, but it sounds like there's a short
somewhere and I'd assume in one of the two jacks that you use.  That would
both cause the line to act busy as well as prevent a dial tone on the
other jack.

Try unscrewing the jack plates, get a good light, and inspect the wiring
at both of the jacks.  Look in the actual connector and see if there's any
conductive debris.

That's just my best guess.

-- Mike