[Novalug] Ruby on Rails?

Alan McConnell alan@patriot.net
Thu Jan 11 14:22:02 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 06:43:00PM +0000, Tux subscriber Dave Aronson wrote:
> gregory pryzby [mailto:greg@pryzby.org] wonders:
>
>  > I have heard about RoR. I know nothing besides that.
>  >
>  > What is RoR?
>
> A package for using Ruby, which is a scripting language that came out of Japan several years ago.
	Hi, Dave(we met several years ago),  Could you elaborate on what
	a "package for using Ruby" means?   I have fooled enough with Ruby
	to recognize that it is wonderful; but a "package"? explanation
	desired.

>  > Show me something I can do after a short learning curve!
	You can easily run e.g. the 196 game . . .   Ruby comes with
	a whole book as documentation.  It is great!  but "the Rails"
	is what derails me.

Best wishes,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    "The intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."