[Novalug] who knows a wifi savvy lawyer? I think I need one...

donjr djr1952@hotpop.com
Sun Jan 7 13:50:21 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 09:39 -0800, Beartooth wrote:

>  	All I know -- said the subtechnoid -- is that it's been
> here at least since June, and that it was supposed to be being
> rolled out then if not earlier (some glitches, iirc) in a few
> initial places -- and that among those were this area and Greater
> Babylon-on-Potomac.
>
>  	Fwiw, I've just gone to http://speedtest.citizens.coop/
> and run their little test. (It oughtta be run several times and
> averaged, say they. Did that at the outset, and a tech came and
> tweaked the hardware till it averaged numbers as promised. To an
> old ex-mathematician, who *knows* how many numbers there are,
> such things just don't stay in the head ...
>
>  	Anyway, here are the latest momentary results :
>
> Last Result:
> Download Speed: 1460 kbps (182.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
> Upload Speed: 338 kbps (42.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
>
> >From Host:
> 216.222.140.15
>
>  	I hope that tells some of you something useful. If it
> would, were it an average, ask.

Well I'm in Warrenton and have Verizon DSL (by Telephone copper wire)
and here are my results from running the above test three(3) times:

 Last Result:
 Download Speed: 2664 kbps (333 KB/sec transfer rate)
 Upload Speed: 687 kbps (85.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

 - From Host: 70.104.235.179

 Last Result:
 Download Speed: 2655 kbps (331.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
 Upload Speed: 687 kbps (85.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
 - From Host: 70.104.235.179

 Last Result:
 Download Speed: 2700 kbps (337.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
 Upload Speed: 688 kbps (86 KB/sec transfer rate)

 - From Host: 70.104.235.179

Or about twice your speed(s).

Note Verizon has been trying to get me to switch to FIBER, but I just do
see the point for a personal private usage type connection, yet.

  Don E. Groves, Jr.

$ /usr/games/fortune : Beware the one behind you.