[Novalug] HDTV for Linux

david@zakar.com david@zakar.com
Fri Jan 5 10:12:37 EST 2007

Quoting Russell Evans <russell-evans@qwest.net>:
> On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:45:05 -0500
> "Ken Kauffman" <kkauffman@headfog.com> wrote:
> Conclusion
> If you are in the market for dual ATSC tuners for your MythTV setup
> this may be the way to go, the network-enabled device allows you to add
> as many tuners as you want without being limited by the number of PCI
> slots in your PC, which opens up opportunities with small form factor
> computers like the Mac Mini. Priced at $169, you will have a hard time
> buying two ATSC tuners cheaper. If you aren't a MythTV user yet, you
> may just want to hold off and wait for the community to deliver
> compatible software that is more user friendly. We're going to have to
> pay for this thing so we can keep it, as it is the perfect way to watch
> HD while writing on Engadget HD.

I think my eyes just popped out of my skull. That's _exactly_ the
thing I've been searching for -  anethernet-connected dual ATSC tuner
with QAM256 support. Thank you _so much_ for pointing out this
product. We've been using an ATI HDTV Wonder for viewing HDTV, and
while it's a good card, my wife's computer can't really handle the
load properly.

When it gets some real MCE support (alas, such is a necessity for us),
which is apparently pretty soon, I'll buy one, no questions asked.
Maybe even two. If they could make a similar product for Cablecard,
I'd buy one of those, too.

-DMZ