[Novalug] Thunderbird links

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Thu Jan 4 23:16:56 EST 2007

- From what I've read -- Thunderbird will not open links by default.
You need to edit:

~/.thunderbird/<randomprofileid>.default/prefs.js

Add the following lines:
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/firefox-bin");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox-bin");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox-bin");

*Change 'firefox-bin' to your browser of preference.

You will need to restart Thunderbird for this to go into effect.

Another helpful tip:
Create ~/.thunderbird/<randomprofileid>.default/chrome/userContent.css
and add the following:

/* Quote Levels Colors */
        blockquote[type=cite] {
           color: navy !important; background-color: RGB(245,245,245)
!important;
        }
        blockquote[type=cite] blockquote {
           color: maroon !important; background-color:
RGB(235,235,235) !important;
        }
        blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote {
           color: green !important; background-color: RGB(225,225,225)
!important;
        }
        blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote {
           color: purple !important; background-color:
RGB(215,215,215) !important;
        }
        blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote
blockquote {
           color: teal !important; background-color: RGB(205,205,205)
!important;
        }

This will give you colored/quoted levels inside thunderbird.