[Novalug] Is there an easy way to auto-synch browsers on a LAN?

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Wed Jan 3 17:09:47 EST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Russell Evans wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:08:46 -0800 (PST)
> "Beartooth" <karhunhammas@Lserv.com> wrote:
>

>> Seems to me your average Alpha Plus Geek would want to do this
>> job from time to time, too -- and would soon automate it. I'm
>> thinking, if I knew how to look for it, there's likely some
>> little thing out there somewhere that I can download, install
>> on each LAN machine, and have them take care of one another
>> with nightly or weekly cron jobs.
>>
>>  	Anybody know of such a thing??
>

> Clustered file systems.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/
>
> http://www.clusterfs.com/

 	That's non-technoid?? Boggles what mind *I* have left ...

 	Also sounds insanely expensive for a little home LAN, as
in "if you have to ask, you can't afford it," said the yacht
salesman.

 	Also massive overkill. I don't even run servers, let
alone RHEL. You're way outta my league, or any I'll ever play in
in this life.

 	Thanks, but no thanks; it suffices me to know such things
exist.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User