[Novalug] Is there an easy way to auto-synch browsers on a LAN?

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Wed Jan 3 16:36:01 EST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Duane C. Mallory wrote:

> Couldn't you just use rsync? I use rsync to copy one HD to
> another every morning at 2 am. I know you can specify files
> and/or directories to sync, as well as machines to sync the
> files to. Maybe this would be a quick way to do it?

 	Hmmm ... at least I know rsync is one of those things
I've been meaning to get around to learning about ...

 	But IF it's what I think, there would be one problem with
one of my habits -- and a different one if I change the habit.
If. Tell me if not.

 	The habit is to swap back *and* forth between two main
machines : I use one for a day or three, to do things like keep
my newsreader from getting way to helen gone behind itself. Then
I run the other one, for the same reason.

 	If I change the habit, stick to one machine absent
emergencies (and times when I absolutely have to run XP for a few
hours, and such), and just tell rsync to do its thing to all my
major apps (supposing I could put together a reasonably complete
list of what's major for me) -- would that "just" pile up to be
an Augean task? Or is it really easy after you once learn it?

 	Also, what would happen if I used #2 for XP and forgot to
reboot it back to FC?

--
Beartooth Squirreler, Wordcrafty Staffwright
Hunting is life, life hunting. That is all