[Novalug] HDTV for Linux

David A. Cafaro dac@cafaro.net
Wed Jan 3 14:18:34 EST 2007

If the website you speak of is www.pchdtv.com then I can vouch for them
as having given excellent service.

I organized a group purchase of their older HD-3000 cards back in May of
2005 in CALUG.  Jack Keliher (one of the guys who started the company)
was prompt in answering questions and very helpful in setting up a bulk
discount for the LUG (we ended up purchasing 16-20 cards from them).

I personally purchased 2 HD-3000 cards from them which have both worked
fine.  I'm currently in the process of rebuilding a new MythTV Box with
them as a dual tuner HDTV system.  Once I get the IR receiver working I
should be good to go (purchased from www.home-electro.com).

Anyways, yes a spelling error isn't a great thing, but they are really
in this business to support HDTV on Linux.

Cheers,
David

PS.  Currently none of their products implement the broadcast flag as it
is not "yet" mandated by the FCC.

--
David Cafaro <dac@cafaro.net>