[Novalug] Please sign this Petition ( itismike@gmail.com )

Michael Stone mstone@mathom.us
Wed Jan 3 09:52:56 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:28:57AM -0500, Ken Kauffman wrote:
>Many countries in the EU are just happy to even have a computer and
>(God forbid) internet at this point.  Pushing open standards agendas
>for streaming video is probably not high up there on the agenda of
>things to get done for most of them.

I think you vastly underestimate the power of small special interest
groups in the EU. (E.g., how much time/money is spent translating EU
directives into Maltese--spoken by less than 400k people? Do you think
there are more or less than 400k linux users in Europe?) That said, I
agree that it's silly for non-Europeans to get involved in this.

Mike Stone