[Novalug] Please sign this Petition ( itismike@gmail.com )

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Wed Jan 3 09:28:57 EST 2007

Many countries in the EU are just happy to even have a computer and
(God forbid) internet at this point.  Pushing open standards agendas
for streaming video is probably not high up there on the agenda of
things to get done for most of them.  Additionally, they are much
further ahead with cellular than we are.  How about solid cellular
infrastructures with unlocked phones in the US.  I'll sign that.

If you do not do much traveling, particularly throughout the EU, then
(the collective) "you" do not have the proper perspective on life
relevance for them.  While a great thought and idea, they'd rather the
U.S. stay out of "local" affairs.  I'd find it laughable if Eastern
block residents signed a petition for an actionable item in the U.S.

Ken

Jay Hart wrote:
> Just for arguments sake, why would an American (such as me) signing this
> petition cause the EU council to implement anything different?
>
> Jay Hart
>

>> Hi
>> You have received an invitation from itismike@gmail.com to support the
>> following petition
>> <a

href="http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody"
>>> http://petitionspot.com/petitions/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody
</a>.
>> <B> Petition Statement: </B> The "Streaming Service of the
Council of the
>> European Union" should be available for everybody and not only
for Mac
>> and MS Windows users.
>> Change the service in that way, that also linux/bsd/.. user can use it.
>> One Solution would be to use the free theora codec for the videos.<br><br>
>> It is for a good cause, so please take the time to visit the petition and
>> support it by signing it.
>> Thank you.

>> <b>You can promote this petition by doing as said below
PetitionSpot.Com</font>

href="http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions12/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody"

href="http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody/">Platform
>> independent solution to watch "Streaming Service of the Council
of the
>> European Union."</a> hosted with free <a
>> href="http://www.petitionspot.com">
>> title="petitions"> Petitions </A> hosting
site.</textarea>

[url=http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody/]Platform
>> independent solution to watch "Streaming Service of the Council
of the
>> European Union."[/url] hosted with free
[url=http://www.petitionspot.com]
>> Petitions [/url] hosting site.</textarea>

>> Use subject as:  Platform independent solution to watch "Streaming
Service of

([url=http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody/]http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/eu_streaming_service_for_everybody/
>> [/url]) hosted with free [url=http://www.petitionspot.com] Petitions
[/url]
>> hosting site.
>>
>> [B]Below is the Petition Statement:[/B]
>>
>> The &amp;quot;Streaming Service of the Council of the European
>> Union&amp;quot; should be available for everybody and not only for
Mac and