[Novalug] who knows a wifi savvy lawyer? I think I need one...

Wayne Dernoncourt wayned@panix.com
Tue Jan 2 19:31:58 EST 2007

(tis was supposed to go to the list...)

Dan Arico
> On Tue January 2 2007 6:14 pm, Miles D. Oliver wrote:

>> Which brings me to the real reason for the email.

>> He starts in about my WISP antenna on my roof and that
>> I HAVE TO take it down.  I got the 'you wanna play
>> hardball with me... I'll fix you!!!"

> I know this came up a couple of years ago with regard to
> TV dishes. As I recall, it was settled favorably, but I
> can't recall the details.

IANAL...
Federal law/regulation trumps state/local/HOA regulations.
(specifically the Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996?)
Our neighborhood has covenants against any external
antennas (you weren't supposed to compete with the cable
franchise the developer had...), the law and subsequent
regulations made the covenant un-enforceable.  The only
exceptionw were:
 - safety issues (a tall antenna would pose a hazard in a
   landing pattern, etc.
 - historical accuracy - Jamestown/Williamsburg has no
   telephones, electricity, etc.

The law regulated how big the antenna could be
(1 meter?).  There are probably issues if the antenna
causes interference with other devices (power issues?).

Anyway, those are my recollections.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly