[Novalug] How to setup a blog server @Home?

Kevin Dwyer kevin@pheared.net
Sun Feb 25 13:37:18 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:17:00AM -0800, Subba Rao wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am interested in setting up a personal blog server.  The issue is
> that I want to set up the machine at home and not at an ISP (to avoid
> the costs).  Can this be done?  If yes, what are the bottlenecks?
> What sort of issues will I have to deal with Cox cable?

It can be done.  The bottleneck is your cable connection.  You may have
to deal with Cox deciding to deny external access to port 80 (per your
TOS), which would shutdown your web site.

You could alternatively get a free weblog if cost is your only gripe and
you don't care to tweak all of the knobs.

-kpd